Sign-up for FREE Updates.


The Gift of Motherhood



"...and when the numbness
And the terror of your shattered, black,
Dead night is gone...

I still continue - holding,
shielding, warming
Your lonely, frail and trembling hand..."

- Arsenio C. Jesena, SJ, Forgive Me - I Am Only God, Yayee 4: Embraced by God (Manila: James B Reuter, SJ Foundation, 2008), 298.


I always thought that being single was the best approximation I could get of God's will for me... I realized that God could call us anytime He needs us to pursue His projects and designs in our lives...

Redirecting my course, with some struggles, of course, I finally gave in... through discernment and with the help of my family and friends' prayers, I knew God led me to "this special person". He has always been here with me and as if with a sweet gentle blow God re-opened my eyes to the beauty of a love relationship... and the wonders of a gift I have always been praying for... that of motherhood...


As a young missionary, I have mothered abandoned children... loving and  taking care of them as if they were my very own... our art therapies led me to discover pains and sufferings unimaginable for kids to have undergone at such a young age... surprisingly, while staying with these kids, I was healing my own woundedness.



My exposure with children of different intellectual and emotional levels has enriched me... and made me fecund for the next ten years... my experiences expanded to wider horizons leading me to assist women and couples... and even working abroad to understand the plight of overseas contract workers...



How could I even think of things beyond me when God was already working such wonders?



My friends call me a late bloomer hahahaha! And I was even furious at the thought of change... BUT God works in mysterious ways... and I AM VERY GRATEFUL that God gave me a possibility of mothering my own children in the future...



 now, I will have somebody with me to hold "other" children's trembling hands...


photos googled from stockphotos and istockphotos

11 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. So sweet..
    Nicely expressed :)
    Keep Expressing Melissa ..
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very sweet post Melissa :D

    You are doing a great job by helping those children.May God always keep you happy.We are all with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a child is given love, he becomes loving ... If he's helped when he needs help, he becomes helpful. And if he has been truly valued at home ... he grows up secure enough to look beyond himself to the welfare of others.
    you will be blessed in many ways...WELCOME TO WE HAVE A STORY...loved your post...I knew you are a great person,and now I really respect you..soul sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children are a blessing and your a beautiful giving person, thanks for this post was enlightening... xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your beautiful post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.... When we touch others lives, they would in return touch your life... Thank you for the wonderful post Melissa...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot like it more than this... I wish we had some 5-6 like buttons here!!

    Being in a Missionary school myself, had been to different orphanages..Dont know about motherhood... but can day brotherhood is at its best when they call me "dada"... perhaps every form of relationship is precious and incomparable... each are like, stars... bright in its own might... few expressible, others arent as much ;) loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO SWEET.....so expressive...love wat u do 4 those kids..amazin post...10 to 100 likes 4 this one....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. possibility????!!! .... lols.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks