Sign-up for FREE Updates.


“At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” Plato

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1st Corinthians 13:4-13 (New International Version)

With Valentine’s day just around the corner, what better than to start my posts here at...."WE HAVE A STORY", with my favourite topic, LOVE....the reason to live, to be happy, to bind every relationship in this world. I wish you all, Happy Valentines...may your lives be full of love always. When I think about Love as what Love is, the only thing that comes to my mind is care. A level of care where the only thing that matters to you the most is the person you love and their wellness.
This quote by Plato makes me wonder about LOVE. Why is love such an overpowering emotion? Why do we fall in love? Do you have this strange feeling inside you which is hard to figure out?  Did you ever love somebody so much that the earth moved? Did you ever love somebody, even though it hurt to? Did you ever love somebody - there was nothing else your heart could do? Did you ever love somebody like I love you?
This may be love but since you are confused, it can be otherwise as well. This is normally a situation of mixed feelings where you find it real hard to decide whether it's true love or is it just attraction. Many of us celebrate Valentines Day on every 14th of February as a common day to rekindle existing love in a relationship or a chance to create new feelings between two people. Although it seems that people who are in love celebrate their love for each other everyday. Being in love is a beautiful experience.But how many of people know this...what is the touch of love?  After being in love with someone, you actually realize the importance of everything.... and I don't think that there is any other way, except words to express how precious it actually is. It’s just the feeling of care that takes the poet out of you...
Your touch of love means so much! How do you feel when someone has touched you with love? It just plain feels good right? Falling in love is one of the most mysterious and amazing things in the world and it can be hard to know whether or not someone is falling or not. There's a huge difference between liking and loving or even lusting and loving someone. If you're careful and watch for the signs, you'll be able to identify someone falling in love. When you feel another's love toward you, you begin to feel that maybe you aren't so bad, someone loves you. You feel that maybe you are, after all, worthy of love because here is some coming your way. Another's love opens you up to a little belief in yourself. You begin to enjoy life.


What is real love? To some Love is friendship set on fire, for others maybe love is like luck. You have to go all the way to find it. No matter how you define it or feel it, love is the eternal truth in the history of mankind. And is there a difference between that and the heart-pounding adrenaline rush I feel when I see…? You know the person I’m talking about…. the friend of a friend of a friend… maybe a best friend…. It’s that person we keep track of when he or she is in the same room, whose comments and actions we analyze to no end.
Is it true? Does love drive one to madness? It may not be madness as understood by psychiatrists, but a madness of emotions. Am I right? Why does love do that? Is it friendship? Is it physical attraction/ is it liking for each other? What is love and what is this relationship all about? Love combines all these and goes much beyond in bonding. Lovers are bonded to each other emotionally and totally. A lover can not imagine life without his/her beloved. A lover will suffer like a fish suffers without water, if he/she is separated from the beloved. Love becomes the whole life. Love gives life. Love becomes the reason of life. Life begins and ends with love. That is love. And that's why people call love, mad....to the extent that one can actually find ways to woe and please his/her lover.
When a person is in love, they simply can't stop thinking about the person they are in love with. No matter how hard you try, but such thoughts would always conquer your mind even when you don't want them to. You would be totally driven crazy just based on these thoughts. We value them even more them we value ourselves and this is what true love is all about. Are you hurt when the person you feel you might love is hurt? Do you feel or experience joy when the person you feel you might love is happy? If the answer to these questions is yes, than you most probably love that person.
When you are in love with someone you would always feel great comfort and joy when that person is around you. And when you are away from the same person you would experience loneliness and discomfort. It's often said that the one's we love the most, comfort us at the same time hurt us the most. Therefore if even the smallest of comments from your partner hurts you a lot than you are definitely in love with that person.
For me, a romantic to the core of my soul....love is....
On a summer's day long, long ago, I fell in love and I'll never know, Just what it was that made me feel, So drawn to him, what the appeal, That set my pulses so to race, When e'er I gazed upon that face, That could drive me wild, I'll never know the how's and why's....I lost my heart to you, But when I got that long sought kiss, I knew I'd found my love, And I'll never let him go again. 
For how could I describe our love? Romantic love, all hearts and flowers, No way to count the days and hours, Spent in self-indulgent wishes, And thoughts of long awaited kisses, Of sweet embraces, tender sighs, And gazing into love filled eyes, Oh yes, it is that kind of love.
Or, is it yet the love of passion, The ecstasy that knows no ration, That shuddering nerve-tingling feeling, The climax with your senses reeling, The wondrous joy when you discover....That sweet surrender to your lover,Oh yes, it's that kind of love too.
Or even yet a love that grows, One that cares and one that knows, That sees beyond the outer skin, Into the person deep within, That loves the spirit and the soul, The inner self that makes the whole, Built on trust and empathy, A love you know was meant to be.
The love we share is all these things, A love that has no need of rings, A love you never need to doubt, A love I cannot live without, A love to last us all our days, A love I'll share with you always....
J.Sharman
Love is based on more than just physical attraction. Sure, attraction is a factor, but love goes deeper than that. Love is based on caring, friendship, commitment and trust. When you are in love it is as if you have your best most trusted friend at your side AND you feel physically attracted to them. It is the best of both worlds! Love is a shared feeling between two people who have a vested interest in one another's happiness. Love is not about jealousy. It is not about conflict. It is not about testing. Love is a positive feeling. If it is tainted by mistrust, jealousy, insecurity or spitefulness it is not really love but merely a pale copy. Love is the total surrender of your heart to another person with the security of knowing they will treat it better than you will. Love should feel good. It should not feel bad. Love should make you want to be a better person, it should not lead you to do something self destructive. Love is not demanding of your spirit but lifts it and makes it glow. Love is a good thing. Anything less is lust, deep friendship or attraction.

I guess the best part of being a human is to experience LOVE... LOVE that could wait and LOVE that could last.... Without respect, love is lost. Without caring, love is boring. Without honesty, love is unhappy. Without trust, love is unstable. Lovers don't really need to 'give and take.' For once you give you should not expect anything in return. Only those lovers, that can compromise, with one another without feeling stressed are truly in love!
 Love is not a word to say, Love is not a game to play, Love doesn't start in April and finish in May, Love is yesterday, tomorrow and today.....





Copyright Motifs@2010
Labels: Love, friendship, attraction,care
Title: Suggested by: Abhisek Panda
Pictures: Courtesy Google Images
Video: Courtesy: Youtube

35 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. Loved it,and loved your choice of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely put together ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so wonderful in the wording of this post! Love is like a diamond with its many facets and you did a great job of showing each one here! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri Booher-DerbyFebruary 09, 2011 11:02 PM

    Alpana - You are off to a beautiful start. Your blog is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post Alpana-ji. However I believe that it is really very difficult to define love into words. I would prefer just to feel it and then spread it as much as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go...God,you are having a hypnotic effect on me,fascinate me more...this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alpana,you get better each day,its like seeing a new Alpana with every article you write...love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...it's not easy to define Love ..it seems as if you wanted to catch a butterfly....therefore I think the only way of defining IT is to share this feeling, to feel it, to nurture it as a little flower...LOVE demands a great committment but its fruits are so precious and last forever... wishing you to meet a neverending LOVE ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual you rock...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mishtu GuhathakurtaFebruary 10, 2011 12:58 AM

    Thats is so true Alpu..I remember the first time i was in 'love'..God only knew where the words came from, how the rythym flowed,how my thoughts just fell into place..it just amazed me..and I used to think of new found talent and feel dead proud about it..I wanted to flaunt to the 'world'..and say look how good I am..Love does make you do the 'impossible' at times...tell me now to write one..I wouldnt be able to put a line together!!!its crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. "You know you truly love someone when everyday you meet is like the first time you fall in love."

    What more can I say?The above comments says it all.You write so beautifully that the person reading it will feel it for sure.I loved it and yes as usual you rock. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and well thought out and written post! It was my first time here, but I will be sure to come back often. I loved the of scripture in the beginning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is REAL LOVE. Wonderful post.
    So nice to meet all of you authors.

    Abhisek , hold onto your dream, and all the best with your film making!

    Alpana, “I would rather live in pain with dignity, rather than living without pain as a fool”… great line!

    Satwinder, if given the authority, I’d put you in charge of the Indian educational system, as your vision is far more innovative and creative!

    Priyashmita, “I am who I am…..” same here. Look forward to knowing you better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! You certainly know what love is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are so many beautiful phrases here: "To some Love is friendship set on fire." Beautiful post, especially for the Valentine's holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love is different for each person, but what you have written,more or less covers up every thing concerned with love...beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too good....................

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me prouder by the day,I can only wish you happiness in everything you do,my prayers and good wishes are always with you...this a beautiful post..and I have always had the honour to read them first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you every one for this overwhelming start...
    @Priyashmita:Welcome to We Have A story...Thank you,and yes this song is closest to my heart,I think I hear it once a day...maybe because its a favourite of my "first love".
    @Preetu...love you for all the support I get from you always.
    @Nandini:you understand me too well.
    @Santosh: Thank you for always being there..from the age of 6..up till now.
    @Ed: Thanks a lot.
    @Sherri:... Thank you..need all your support.
    @Anindita:...Thank you.
    @Maria:..Thank you...you are my friend,you are so special.
    @Andrew:Thank you.
    @Mishtu:..Never underestimate yourself..you are special.
    @Abhisek: What can I write about you,first of all thank you for giving me this opportunity..."We Have A Story"...for considering me capable enough to write here,giving my thoughts a new platform all together..I will always be grateful to you.And secondly,for being such a wonderful friend,someone I can totally relate to,and be myself...you are special.
    @Jessica:...Thank you,and will look forward to your visits.
    @Debra:...Thank you,loved the way you have accepted us.
    @Satwinder: Thank you...I consider it an honour to be praised by you,someone so talented..welcome to "We have A Story"...lets make this an unforgettable experience.
    @Andrew:...Thank you.
    @Rachel:...Thank you..the romantic heart within speaks for itself.
    @Sweepyjean:..Thank you very much.
    @Rahul:...Thank you..you are always very kind with your words.
    @Kushagra:...Love u.
    @Mom:..You are my best friend,critic...everything in this world...I too want to see you happy,caused you enough pain to last a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Debra Thanks ☺
    @Alpana You are such a good writer....You deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Something really true...just right for the valentine month,keep writing sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mom..you are the best...love u.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown...Papa would have been so proud of you today..consider this as his words to you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alpu Mausi..you are the best...love..who better than you could write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful!The very word"love"makes me think twice!!To be or not to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Alpana, i want to say that its all a State of Mind and how ever hard it is, one has to ACCEPT & change is something which is inevitable and not always changes are positive from our point of view. Whether its Love or Blues, its something one has to experience and accept. Realisation and feeling and dealing is part of life no matter how hard it is. Getting over insecurities is the key to State of Mind and the best way of getting over is to face it and gain strength from anything that you feel strongly about.

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Divya: Thanks a lot..
    @Aishani: My love,you are my inspiration,sweety..love you always.
    @Papa: Wherever you are..I know that you are with me..hope to make it big..after all,I am your daughter.
    @Hansika:Without your help and being my favourite critic..where would I be..love u.
    @Reshmi:Believe in love,Reshmi..it makes you feel special...
    @Viju: Looking forward to the day you will write for me..thanks for never leaving my side...and of course I hate the times you bring me to face realties I want to stay away from.
    @Abhisek: You are too good for me..hope we make this journey of ours here at..WE HAVE A STORY, an unforgettable one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Defining Love is nothing more than difficult.

    Nice write.......

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you,Manoj

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy valentines day to you..what a great way to celebrate..with this beautiful post...and you are really beautiful..I can see love in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful article..so in love...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry to comment so late..wonderful as ever..whose else better than you to write about "love"..and who would not want to be in love with you..and ask ME as to how many are in love with you..Alpana..when are you going to choose...

    ReplyDelete
  34. @K: Whoever you are,thank you,as for love in my eyes...love has always been my priority...
    @@Vishal: Thanks a lot.
    @Rahul: Thank you...there is no one in this world,who can define love..no mater how deep in love you may be...and I am flattered to know that people are in love with me...but Rahul...I will not term that as "LOVE"...it will take someone a lot to have me...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks