Sign-up for FREE Updates.


..........and they lived happily everafter


I have been struggling for over 24 hours to write this post on love and romance. I have written and re-written this piece a thousand times and yet nothing somehow seemed to pull that tug at the heart which all love stories do. What is it about love that has not already been written about? What is it about love that has not already been discussed a thousand times? I read a thousand articles to try and get some inspiration about this but somehow nothing clicked. I was just not feeling the way, a person who writes about love, feels. Dejected and lost, I felt maybe I had the lost the ability to feel love, and gave up the idea of submitting this article and went to bed.

And in bed, I suddenly smiled cause I saw the calendar and the date which signaled that Valentine's day was coming and I smiled. I smiled cause I suddenly remembered about the love I have experienced and that is when I realised why I was not feeling inspired. When I was going through the myriad of articles on love and romance, somewhere every article had a bit of pain in it and I could not feel that pain. Even the ones, where one spoke of finding a soulmate, somehow there was this subtle hint of pain of loving someone so much that it hurt them. It was somehow like love was incomplete without pain. But then my love always made my smile. And that is when I got up and decided to pen down my thoughts.

I have been in love and I am in love. I have been broken-hearted too. Yet love to me has been the most beautiful feeling of all times. When I fell in love, did I not know that there would be thorns along with the roses? The answer was no, I did not. I felt love would be like a fairy tale romance but sadly life is not a fairy tale - its checkered with problems, fights, misunderstandings. But love is when you find your fairy tale romance in spite of this and I have.. And I have found my fairy tales in spite of being broken hearted more than once.

Now that I look back, I wonder, would my life have been this wonderful, had I not been changed by a man to become this epitome of positivity? Would I have conquered every battle, had I not had the strength of my love with me? Would the feeling of success had been same had I not had my love as wind beneath my wings? Would that dark period when I thought life was over, been surpassed had there been not been my love, standing there between me and my pain, to be the punching bag at all times? Would any valentine's day be as much as fun, as I had when I ended up in a roadside dhaba to celebrate it, had it not been for the company of a wonderful man? Would life have been different had I not known that there is one man, for whom no matter what the world starts and ends with me? The answer is YES.

I have fallen in love twice. Both times with wonderful men. If my first love taught me to be strong and independent, the second man taught me that even if I cry, he is there to wipe it for me. If my first love taught me how to fall in love for the first time, my second love taught me how to stay in love forever. If my first love taught me how to make end every fight with a laugh, my second love taught me how to love even when angry. But most importantly what both men taught me is to love with all my heart and to be happy in love - happy that it happened, happy that I experienced a wonderful feeling called love.

So has my love life been all fun and laughter? The answer is No. I have had my dark clouds and broken hearts. But there is one thing life has taught me. It's very easy to fall in love, much more easier to fall out of it, what is tough is to love someone happily in spite of everything. And when you can find that love, you will find your fairy tale in your imperfect love story, exactly like I did. A love story which might not give a tug to your heart, but will definitely make you smile, everytime you think about it.

So next time you think about love - think about happy times and not the sad, think about the laughter and not the tears, think about feeling of falling in love and not the feeling of hurt and you never know maybe someday you too will find your fairytale and your happily everafter story? I know I have.

And always remember it isn't love if it did not make you smile.

I will end this with lyrics from my favourite Tagore song which epitomises how I have always felt about love :

Sakhi, bhabona kahare bole?
Sakhi, jatona kahare bole?
Tomra je bolo diboso-rajoni,
Bhalobasha, bhalobasha.
sakhi, bhalobasha kare koye?
Seki keboli jatona-moye?
Seki keboli chokher jal?
Seki keboli dukher saas?
Loke tobe kore ki sukheri tore,
Aemon dukhero aas?
Aamar chokhe to shokoli sobhon,
Shokoli nobeen, shokoli bimol.
Suneel akash, shyamolo kanon
Bishodo jochona, kusumo komol.
Shokol amari moton.
Tara keboli hanshe, keboli gaye,
Hanshiya, kheliya morite chaye.
Najane bedon, najane radon.
Najane shader jatona joton.
Phool se hanshite hanshite jhore,
Jochona hanshiya milaye jaye,
Hanshite hanshite alok sagore,
Akashero taara ke aage paye.
Aamar moton sukhi ke aache?
Aaye sakhi aaye, aamar kaache
Sukhi hridoyer sukher gaan
Suniya toder judaabe pran
Protidin jodi kandibi keno,
Ek din noye hanshibi tora,
Ek din noye bishado bhuliya,
Shokole miliya gahibo gaan.

(translated it means why is all love stories so sad, and if they are why do people want to fall in love? I am happy and for me love is happiness. So why don't you give up being unhappy and come with me and experience happiness in love)

................Wish everyone a very happy valentine's day !!!

(PS : YOU CAN CATCH MY REGULAR WRITINGS ON WORLDASISEE.WORDPRESS.COM)





21 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. Very well written Priya - and your point of view is really cool. I would like to add - so what if it is in the past - the past is all mine. : ) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honest,clear cut..and refreshing..you are superb,and the Tagore song has made me so nostalgic..please do keep on writing..anything and everything...you need to let your talent show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. Was my first attempt to write about love

    ReplyDelete
  4. and your first attempt is pretty awesome...... It's very easy to fall in love, much more easier to fall out of it, what is tough is to love someone happily in spite of everything.........most important

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey..kudos to your fantastic post..I always knew you had many talents..but here's living proof of one of them..great..even though on the eve of this valentine day..i experience an emptiness and a vaccuum inside me..as if I have forgotten what love is..and asking myself..have i really ever fallen in love before..everything just seems so blurry at the moment..while I read your post as a silent spectator..I felt a kind of happiness..happy for you that you are experiencing one of the greatest feeling one can have..though i couldnt relate to it (cant relate to anything now..i seem to be in my own world cut off from the everything) i am glad that you have found the person who gives you so much happiness..I am sure this is there to stay...let the light of love always engulf you..keep smiling and you shall conquer the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Priyashmita, I always knew there was a romantic soul hidden behind this tough businesswoman image. What a brilliant piece my dear!!! I smiled while reading your piece and the smile will remain in my heart for a long time, happy for you and your love and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Abhishek.

    Mishtu you know my reality. But then I choose to see the good things in life and maybe thats why love survived. And dont worry dear very soon you will find your true love. I know he is there waiting for you.

    Thanks alpana. I am glad I could make you smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Sulekha. I meant your name and not Alpana. Unable to edit my comment or delete is. Guess still need to get used to blogger site.

    Love all your support

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved it .. .. v v well written... it was beautiful ... love ur attitude ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post. I just wanted to ask you something- Do you think Love cannot exist without some element of Pain? Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Satwinder thanks for the compliment. The fact is like I said, it is not without pain but do you highlight the pain or the happiness? For me love is about happiness.
    Like I said it won't be a bed of roses but when you can look past the thorns is when you will find yourself your fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved every word Priya....I completely agree, if it didn't make you smile, it wasn't love!! For all past, present and future love stories - happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks. Right now you know my love story is fixed....
    As you know like many others I have found my fairytale romance :P
    (remember 4 years of fasting for him has been done already :P)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, he doesn't know what he's missing out on. I dont know why I cant delete my repeated comment on top...but you go girl, GC will turn around someday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some problem with the site today I guess. And yes GC has to agree...or we will go and stalk him in hollywood

    ReplyDelete
  17. Priyashmita, there is no truer statement than the one you wrote: "It's very easy to fall in love, much more easier to fall out of it, what is tough is to love someone happily in spite of everything." Great point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks. Glad you agreed and I could get my point across

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Priya....

    Good write and all through out the story i wondered if it was your first try. That was superb. but i felt some thing is missing...anyways three cheers for your first try

    ReplyDelete
  20. first try at writing about love. i generally write on politics and social issues and more of satire

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks