Sign-up for FREE Updates.


The Power of Love

The things I have learned of love in life are endless. They seem unimportant until something happens to give the lesson due importance at a later stage in life.

I have learned that it is possible to separate from the person you truly deeply love and still remain connected forever, that too, not by making an effort at trying to forget but by acknowledging that such love and depth of feelings do exist for the person concerned. Then, no matter where you go, you never stop loving.

I have learned that a friend can turn into someone you love very much but to turn a lover into a friend never happens. It is utter stupidity.

I have learned that in matters of love it works out best when you give your all and not want anything in return. The grief is not there then. It is just an inner peace that comes with the realization that you have the right to fall in love with someone but no right is ever given to you to expect the person to love you as much and in the same manner.



Breaking up always hurts. It’s something you have to snap out of. There is no weaning out really. You are either in or out. Subsequent to a break-up, you really discover the spiteful side of a person by the way you behave with the person you have broken up with. You also discover whether you are just as spiteful or not.

Love does mean having to say sorry, except, when you say so, mean it or don't say it at all. Love also means saying thank you. It does not mean you need to use just your vocal chords to do so. Use your heart!

Love has reason for making you do things that your mind will never begin to understand. Because, when you do something for the one you love, it is never an obligation. It is more of a wanting to do it and share the happiness it can bring to the other. It never is a second thought.

Love can make you do things you have never imagined possible. These can be the stupidest of things and the most courageous of things...It eventually all boils down to wisdom of love or the lack of it.

Why am I talking about love...? Well, we all have theories about love...the above are what I have learned. My conformity to what has just been written may or may not be there and I do not choose to argue my own points or contradict. The lessons you learn are not the end all and be all of life...it is what IS that matter. Always!!

- Copyright Sandy@2011 
Images courtesy - Google Images

9 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. Beautiful reflections. I agree when you said,
    "I have learned that in matters of love it works out best when you give your all and not want anything in return."

    Anything less than that is not true love, it has to be unconditional.

    ~blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best thing that has happened...to see you write...and I want my old Sandy back..my friend,my sister,my mentor,my reason to be what I am,for making Motifs happen...I only want the best for you..and what a great post..you are different. Welcome to "WE HAVE A STORY"...it will a learning process for all of us here,with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...Love can make and break things...
    Good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sneha - Thank you

    @Jessica - I so believe in it right now...today, this was what I used and I feel blessed already!

    @Alpana - Thanks sweetie for bringing me out...hope to write more! You are special. We are sisters from a past life and will be in our after life as well! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy Mausi..waiting to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post and so true. We never stop learning about love. Some lessons are hard but it is part of life. Nurture love and never take it for granted.

    http://www.nelietatravellingadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats really true...if the love is real .no matter how far,oceans and miles away..love will find a way..

    www.allthingsthatmatterstome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sandy. So perceptive. My sentiments exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sentiments and some great words. I especially like 'I have learned that a friend can turn into someone you love very much but to turn a lover into a friend never happens. It is utter stupidity.' Only because my best friend is now my soul mate and an ex who we parted as friends disappeared out of my life - I can really relate.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks