Sign-up for FREE Updates.


Soul's Light: Rising from the Ashes

"When you live from your soul, you don't try to numb yourself from life's sorrows. Nor do you become so overwhelmed by its grimness that you stay engulfed in despair. Instead, face the pain as you soothe and comfort yourself in its midst. And then let it change you, sensitize you, fill you with compassion. Know that it will open you later to deep joy."


                    Karen Katafiasz, Living From Your Soul (indiana: One Caring Place Abbey Press,2005), 5.


I've completely forgotten certain things in my life... or dismiss them altogether for the last couple of years... but there are things that cannot be overlooked... and even the Lover wants so much that the Beloved be perfect and light...and most of all, free...that He sends out people to mirror out its needs... and imperfections...








You brought that speck of light in the darkness that is covering my soul... I have ceased asking God why... I have even descended to hell... but God never gave up...








It isn't out of whim that I opt for poverty... or for the children... or fight for women's rights...








I was a victim just like any other...





I cannot fathom my body's increasing needs... that most of the times... it would affect my whole person... and give me dual personalities... i really wish to be good... but there's a thorn that keeps wounding my flesh...

I spoke to him many times... and though I tried so hard to be compassionate... it doesn't end without anger and frustration on my side... He will never change...

Answers do not come easily... I speak of forgiveness...


 


From the way things are going... I know who among my friends keep me fully as I am... I demanded respect... but it's something that we all have to earn...

Perhaps, that's the main reason why I stayed in the walls for so long... to protect myself...but God knows my needs better...



I do not seek to justify any of my actions...








Many ask me why LOVE to counter indifference and suffering? where is HOPE... where is justice? where is freedom?








and I see all these in the light of God...in His paradox of living... in the Gospel tension He creates within me...

7 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. Melissa,my sweetheart,words are not enough,or I should say,that I don't have them right now...to express as to what I am feeling after reading this,once was not enough...will come back again to comment once more....all I can say right now,is to reach out and give you a hug...this has moved me terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you find lights in the guidance of the Heaven above Melissa.... Your prayers will never go unanswered.... Thank you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh! I know..those dark deep dense corridors...they keep you there until you rise to walk to wards the light. My heart reaches out to those bruised, kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mellisa my heart reaches out to you. We all have our darkness hidden from the world but God always sees the light in us. God always watches over us. Even from the bad we have something positive to learn. Love you my friend. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow the path holding 'HIS'hand in darkness and fear. walk with 'HIM' when u r in despair, for 'HE' only can enlighten our soul and protect us from all the non-elasticities of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your courage and in time of despair we often learn alot about ourselves and others. God will lift you up in times of need and he has a purpose for evrything that happens in life. Have a great day!!

    http://erinsdomain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some facts about child abuse

    8 out of 10 sexual abusers are someone in the family or someone the child knows.

    A fourth of all girls and a sixth of boys are sexually abused by an adult before the age of 17.

    Of kids who have a parent who uses drugs, one in 13 is physically abused regularly.

    Physical abuse accounts for 17.8% of documented child abuse cases each year.

    Neglect is by far the most common form of child abuse, accounting for more than 78% of all cases.

    These are just some points.

    It's so sick

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks