Sign-up for FREE Updates.


The Joys of Being With Children



I guess for the most part, aside from being able to watch cartoons, going out, reading books, animating, reciting rhymes and lulling them to sleep, one of the best things I am continuously learning from living with children is keeping in touch with this 

sense of curiosity...
 innocence and simplicity...



One Sunday, my mom and I gave a wonderful treat to my nieces, belle, who was then five  and faustine, who was one, to the Manila Zoo...
 
I have to thank my teacher who opened me to the idea of different types of learners. We're mostly visual and auditory but my niece faustine is a tactile learner. She has to touch the objects inorder to grasp its meaning...

 well, (ATTENZIONE) I just had her touch the big snake (nyahaha!)... 

It was like making true a wish I had for my professors in history. I wanted them to see the ruins in Rome too (especially the Colosseo) when I went there. Going to the real place keeps me in touch with its historic essence.

This is what I wanted my nieces to feel... well, okay, the zoo has no historic value (hahaha!) but they were able to see the ones we studied in their picture books. 

I found myself totally relaxed for quite sometime being with the children...I guess, it's because I'm beginning to enjoy their company more... 
I am able to reach to that part of me that has been lost for quite sometime...that playful side of me...

I love these children....

"You can do nothing with children unless you win their confidence and love by bringing them into touch with yourself, by breaking through all the hindrances that keep them at a distance. We must accommodate ourselves to their tastes, we must make ourselves like them."-St. John Bosco

11 comments so far..What are your thoughts?

  1. Wow ..Great job melissa.I hope these kids would have got a great time !! but wheww .... that cute one touching that snake !! that pic was great!!U know one Rome Colosseum is my fav place i want to see that !! But one thing melissa ..n this is not a playful side of u ..this is the best in u !!coz u care for these children :) and thx u once again coz after 6 yr may be i listened to kal ho na ho song !! May God bless U !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."GANDHI
    God bless you always...and your love for children,will give you the best possible results in life.Loved the post and the pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family. I'm also very tactile which would get me into trouble when I was a kid. I loved to touch things at the museum, at art galleries - where ever there was interesting things. But not snakes!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. playing with kids is also a good exercise and stress buster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are seven wonders in the world but in the eyes of the children there are seven million wonders. spending time with them makes each and every moment reinvent those wonders all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mellisa - This is such a delightful post. There nothing better than to see the joy of discovery in the eyes of a child. I wish we adults didn't lose our sense of wonder. You seem to have had wonderful teachers who told you about different type of learners. I wish a lot more teachers realized this - in India especially, most teachers are unaware of this. Thanks for sharing the sweetness of the children in your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful post Melissa Phyllis was in education for many years and she agrees with you on different style learners.

    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/04/cranes-fight-to-save-their-eggs-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    children always holds a special place in my heart....It seems they had great time with you :).The snake looks really scary :D. the songs in the blog are very nice...singing on..Har gadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi, chaav hai kahhi hai doop zindagi, har pal yahan, jee bhar jiyo jo hai sama KAL HO NA HO :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always Melissa your posts are so though provoking. I wish we could still be childlike and not lose our innocence.You must be great with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And this is the reason why I love you Sis.You have a very kind heart.You are intelligent and you are using your intelligence in the right way.You are one of the rarest of mankind and that makes you precious sis.Keep doing the great job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the pictures and your reflections about what it's like to live with children. They certainly can be some of the most simple yet profound teachers! I know you feel blessed to have them in your life but they are so blessed to have you! This post made my night! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

This site, the articles and the graphics on this website are © by We Have A Story and are protected by DMCA.Reproduction in whole or in part,whether on paper,on the internet,on CD-ROM or any other medium,including utilization in machines capable of reproduction without our permission is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Some photos used by our authors in their articles are from Google image search or some other sources which they like.If you think they used any copyrighted photograph,drop us an e-mail with the details and we will remove it immediately.
Recommend us!

Join We Have A Story

Recent Stories

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by Blogger.

Grab Our Badge

Badge Partners







When The Heart Speaks